Topic - Fpath (Back in Black)

Reply to this topic

Topic Starter Fpath - Posted on Thursday, November 18 2010 03:16:02 PM
Hello,
We have seen the post that some of you have made bashing FPATH and we understand that along with some success that backlash exist. I have only seen a few people do what I have done (a regular Joe) offer a software that was similar to Mplayer and Livve so that you the user could create your own service & community. We have been successful and many of you have been customers. We did not only cause controversy with the owners of Livve with threats of law suits in our early days, also attacks from some of our customers based on competition from other buyers. “Come to my community! no mine is better!” if FPATH was Fcrap as you say then why are some of you that are complaining still using the product? and some of you that have bought FPATH source code attacking the software when you are still using it with add on code (you know who you are) the funny thing is.. you are still promising the best new community and have nothing to show for it except a nice webpage (with so far false promice). I understand more than anyone that it takes time to develop so I will give you that,but the smear campaign is really un-necessary to be successful. FPATH never attacked any other competitors to be successful because we had no competition in the past.

On A Good note!
FPATH is still here, we have been developing new ways to create community and have been looking into social networking with API development. Our new site will re-open soon with the software we think is the best offer we have had since we started in 2003. This software will be a full blown version of social networking with features like facebook , myspace and more. A chat module will also be added for audio video that will be (one) feature the entire website will have to offer. We also will be working with API for games like multiplayer spades and so on with one login. As I said a few months ago don’t count us out~ and remember the bashing really don’t work for you! but works for us “FREE ADVERTISEMENT” I will give it to Dawn at PCO she hit the nail on this one and here it comes.

Please watch our site for your chance to login and test new software. www.fpath.com

Steve Blevins
FPATH
Development
Bestrafung - Posted on Friday, November 19 2010 10:38:23 AM
I haven't seen any of the backlash and haven't personally said anything bad about your software in the past. I will however say that this is certainly surprising news considering when we purchased your software we were told at the time that you were selling the domain and software rights to another company and wouldn't be actively developing the software anymore.

I wouldn't go so far as to call the software "Fcrap" but I admit it was definitely not as stable as led to believe. It was mentioned that it was written to be stable on Win XP however it still contained some interesting bugs. I dare anyone to try to type "popcorn" or "monkey" for example. The voice and video chat seemed to work fine with the exception of a hidden and unchangeable banned words list (as long as you ran it on Win XP, XP compatibility mode doesn't work for newer OSs). The program was completely unusable under most Vista and 7 systems but that was said upfront.

We did in fact attempt to run your software for a limited time. After only two or three short months the bugs and shortfalls of the software were enough that people just quit connecting and we stopped the server. It has never been run since.

Please don't take this as a "bash" or "backlash" post, I'm just stating some well-known truths. We are indeed in the process of writing our own chat software and it may or may not be able to compete with your new offering and that's fine. We have no intention of comparing ourselves to anyone else or trash talking anyone else's work. I sincerely hope your new software is much better than the previous.
Bestrafung - Posted on Friday, November 19 2010 10:42:42 AM
I also just wanted to pose a question. If you are indeed getting back into the development, is there any chance of getting a working update to the existing software or are you only working on new code? I only ask as the pricing was a little steep in my opinion for a product that can't be used and wasn't fully polished even under the recommended environment.
Fpath - Posted on Friday, November 19 2010 11:06:11 PM
Sorr you did not enjoy the restriction of being able to type Popcorn & Monkey, I guess those were two words that the programmer did not care for. We will not offer any updates on the old program Fpath 7.1 and it will be available for a low pice.

The new system will be hour main goal.

As for information concerning who owns the company and software rights I'm not at liberty to reply. Am I not allowed to work?
Anyway good luck with AVP. THE HIVE
Fpath - Posted on Friday, November 19 2010 11:08:19 PM
I had to correct my self:

Sorry you did not enjoy the restriction of being able to type Popcorn & Monkey, I guess those were two words that the programmer did not care for. We will not offer any updates on the old program Fpath 7.1 and it will be available for a low pice.

The new system will be our main goal.

As for information concerning who owns the company and software rights I'm not at liberty to reply. Am I not allowed to work?
Anyway good luck with AVP. THE HIVE
L3gacy - Posted on Friday, November 19 2010 11:33:42 PM
Thx for the support:) However AVP has nothing to do with the client. AVP is just one of our many games / community sites The Hive will support. But thx for the nice words I would also like to wish you good luck.