Topic - Mplayerpro.Net The True Mplayer Replacement

Reply to this topic

Topic Starter L3gacy - Posted on Thursday, September 1 2011 01:36:19 AM
HiveGaming and its parent company The Hive Network have been working on an updated replacement to the original Mplayer software for a little over a year. Despite the fact that there have not been many updates since the start of the project you can rest assured that there has in fact been progress and we hope to release it for testing soon. Details of the test and when this may be are still undetermined but we will be sure to update you when we have some solid information for you.

Q and A

Q. Why is your URL Mplayerpro.Net?
A. The answer's quite simple but just a little long. On 8/23/2011 we received an email from the administrator of mplayerpro.com. After introducing themselves as a gaming community they requested information about licensing or purchasing our software or a partnership. Notice that this email was sent to us on the 23rd of this month, upon revisiting their website we noticed that they had photoshopped an Mplayer look-a-like client to make the Mplayer community think that they were in fact working on software. This is false and misleading as the software they claim to be creating is our own. In other words, we didn't want a fake team coming in and taking all of our hard work. If they continue to push mplayerpro.com we will continue to push mplayerpro.net. I'd also like to point out that we're not happy we had to do this but I'll be damned if I'm going to sit back and watch it happen.

Q: Why post this?
A: I feel that it is unfair to the Mplayer community and to my team that has been diligently working on this software for a little over a year.

In closing we just wanted what's left of the Mplayer community to be aware. We also wanted to let you know that we plan to start alpha and beta signups very soon. We would also like to ask the admin of mplayerpro.com to forward his domain to hivegaming.net if he truly cares about the Mplayer community.

P.S. Thanks Outkast for the tip.

hivegaming.net
mplayerpro.net
mplayerpro - Posted on Thursday, September 1 2011 01:32:52 PM
Thank you for your post.
We are not here to create competition with anyone. We really do appreciate what you were creating. However after over a year with no updates, one would assume that a project had died out. Therefore we created our site in an attempt to finally get a stable community going.
This has been in the works for quite some time, watching many sites come and go, some with and without a gaming client. The hive client looked promising, but without any regular updates, the project can easily appear in limbo.
We would have hoped for more of a professional manner in discussing the issue at hand instead of making a public post attempting to defame our site, claiming fake team and what not. As stated previously, our site plans have been in the works for quite some time and in order to save time, we reached out to you, thinking your project was cancelled due to the long stretch of time passed in reference to licensing your software. This was decided to try and progress our project faster instead of using even more man hours to finish our own client. The "photo shopped" image you so nicely said, is an actual shot of our gui, not a faked image.
Like I said, we are not here to be in competition or have any problems with other communities out there, since there are so many, however, since we launched our site, you decided to come out of the wood work claiming fake site etc.. You stated if you "care" about the mplayer community, transfer your domain. It could be the same for you, if you "care" about the mplayer community, why not keep them updated about this project instead of waiting over a year and for another company to come along with a promising and stable system to come out.
In closing, yes we do care about the mplayer community, that is why we decided to create our own since no one has had any stability in this area. If you would like to discuss this further, I’d be more than happy to speak with you privately. I am more than willing to discuss this with you as I believe we can benefit one another, not try and create a monopoly.
I wish you the best and hope to hear from you.

mplayerpro.com
OutKast - Posted on Saturday, September 3 2011 03:53:32 PM
HAHA doing game servers now mplayerpro? Dude why copy off hivegaming? Then ban people when they call you out on it... FAIL! GL dude but I don't think Hive Gaming has anything to worry about. BTW I love your "photoshop" client we all know it's fake FYI...
PCO_DAWN - Posted on Wednesday, November 2 2011 07:31:26 PM
another site :) Im just here to wish you luck !!

Good luck!! its not easy, trust me I know , we stil holding on strong, we die hards!

Dawn
psd-designs - Posted on Monday, November 28 2011 02:36:34 PM
am confused.com here you both have same company name and both offer the same software why dont you just join forces.
L3gacy - Posted on Monday, November 28 2011 08:56:34 PM
No thank you. We are the established company and have been so for over a year now. The mplayerpro.com are only copying ideas. There is no need to join forces we have nothing to gain by doing so.I only have this domain so they don't steal our traffic.
korrupt - Posted on Thursday, December 1 2011 10:47:22 AM
what ideas are they copying? it appears they have a better setup then you. Arnt you copying ideas to by doing what so many others have already done and are doing?
psd-designs - Posted on Sunday, December 4 2011 06:36:14 PM
is it a brand new system or just a recode of the fpath client? as it looks about the same
L3gacy - Posted on Thursday, December 15 2011 04:45:02 AM
lol, you know its not fpath.. I could however say yours looks like fantaziachat. I hope your going to update that code before you try and sale it.
L3gacy - Posted on Thursday, December 15 2011 04:46:29 AM
lol, you know its not fpath.. I could however say yours looks like fantaziachat. I hope your going to update that code before you try and sale it.
psd-designs - Posted on Thursday, December 15 2011 09:20:49 PM
lol just asking a question no harm in that dont need to get all protective :D
L3gacy - Posted on Thursday, December 15 2011 09:32:26 PM
LOL it's all good man.
L3gacy - Posted on Thursday, December 15 2011 09:52:30 PM
To answer your question. Yes it is all new code and 100% owned by us and no 3rd party. It only looks somewhat like fpath. Cause fpath looks like Mplayer. The idea is to have our client look like the old Mplayer if you want it to. However we have a lot of new things that Mplayer did not. We will setup a dev blog soon for more up to-date info.

psd-designs - Posted on Saturday, December 17 2011 11:12:38 PM
sounds fun ill keep watching hehe
CaRnAGe-SF - Posted on Wednesday, April 25 2012 01:09:27 AM
Kwon....remember me, scrub?

1) I've seen shots of your "original" client. I didn't know buying source code from MPlayer, and then taking years trying to make the interface work was considered original work.

2) Do all these people know how you followed the real elite clans around, begging to join, and was shot down daily? How many KOTHs did you win when SF and EA was rocking them? Zero?

3) If you want to see a real group of PROFESSIONAL people putting together a REAL client, based off of unseen and new technology, check our www.darkstarleagues.com . Those guys concept models make your alpha work look like straight trash.

How many gaming companies have you been talking to? Dark Star has SEGA, EA, and several indie game companies working out deals as we speak.

LOL....do you really think you're going to be able to compete with a completely new game client that has all the great things of MPlayer, GameSpy, Heat, and Steam, and even some shit from Blizzard's friend system with a 16 year old concept and interface?

Christ.....after all these years, and you're still a second string scrub acting like you've done something.

CaRnAGe-SF - Posted on Wednesday, April 25 2012 03:58:09 AM
"L3gacy - Posted on Thursday, December 15 2011 09:52:30 PM
To answer your question. Yes it is all new code and 100% owned by us and no 3rd party. It only looks somewhat like fpath. Cause fpath looks like Mplayer. The idea is to have our client look like the old Mplayer if you want it to. However we have a lot of new things that Mplayer did not. We will setup a dev blog soon for more up to-date info."

It's not fpath???? Yeah, it's code you own, because you bought the source code, which was/is fpath. Here are some screens from a "tester" from the 2010 time frame using your client:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/salbright/avpsourceinside-1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/salbright/fpatherror-1.jpg <-----Note, this is an FPATH ERROR. Now....we go to your client being tested.....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/salbright/thehivelol.jpg <----Your client gives the exact same error. EXACT.

And here is the comparison screen:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/salbright/avpvsfpathlogin-2.jpg

Naw....you're not using fpath at all. Your "new code" made to "look like" fpath just happens to have the same compatibility issues as fpath. I guess you coded the same bugs and issues and compatibility errors into as well to REALLY get that MPlayer feel....
Kwon - Posted on Wednesday, April 25 2012 04:16:36 AM
LOL...turds...simplistic turds
Kwon - Posted on Wednesday, April 25 2012 04:41:40 AM
Also Carnage you will find this interesting...Their logo...see the hexagon "hive combs" they use, also their name THE HIVE...and their robot holding there logo featured here:

http://www.thehivenetwork.com/images/hive-client/TheHive-Preview2.png

All stolen...here is the robot:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTPGsyYYpbC3JZLKzHrM7r4WtZxMe04hGIXOa2OPxuCtEtPKT6AfAqQKE2yg

Here is where their name and the "honey combs" idea came from:

http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/deusex/deusex3/china1-2/12.jpg

Stolen from Deus Ex: Human Revolution....

you Legacy aka KOM-B are a simplistic thieving douche.