Topic - If you want to see an actual client.....

Reply to this topic

Topic Starter CaRnAGe-SF - Posted on Wednesday, April 25 2012 02:28:40 AM
http://darkstarleagues.com/community/showthread.php?12-DarkStar-Gaming-and-Entertainment-Client-Mock-Design

This is the group we've been following. They actually have coders designing a real client. They did not buy MPlayer's source code, and try to re-skin it and make it work. I was lucky in playing Asheron's Call with one of the owners, so I get to talk to him about all the things their client is capable of. It will blow your mind....lol
L3gacy - Posted on Friday, April 27 2012 02:15:50 PM
LMFAO... Hello Scott :) Let me ask you do you have any idea what type of code was used for Fpath? I bet you don't :) You just can't help your self can you? always need to run off at the mouth without any clue as to what you are talking about. Anyway let me just enlighten you.. Fpath was coded in Pascal. Yes we did Purchase Fpath only to find out it was to dated to do what we needed. So we started our own client in .Net SO now that we have that taken care of. I find it funny how you say all we did was re-skin our client when in fact that's what you guys did... LOL COME ON MAN.... You cut out things form GSA and PS it and said here is our client lol...

We are a company not a group of guys. This is a real project that just happens to be something we work on in our spare time. We have real resources and own real equipment located in real data centers w/ Dark Fiber @ 100Mbit / 1000Mbit using Level(3) & INTERNAP connections. The industry's best ISP's. :) I'm sorry I laugh at your client and your page...

From here on out -I will not reply to any more post you or any of your split personalities you have on here make... You must enjoy talking to your self. Your just a BIG waste of time :)but I wanted to set you straight. I also hear you got banned again form steam for hacking lol what this like your 3rd time?

To MplayerPro.. We love competition and we wish you all the best.. but you don't need this guy in your community trust me! Move on this guy is a joke.. In fact I will give you the old Fpath code we paid for to help you guys out you don.t need this guy. You do not want to go down this road with Scott. E-mail me with a mplyerpro.com e-mail and we can talk.
Kwon - Posted on Friday, April 27 2012 02:46:01 PM
Actually L3GACY I provided Carnage the screens and what not, that actually is CARNAGE-SF..ask your best buddy INSANO who was booted he knows who it is, so does Asmo.
Kwon - Posted on Friday, April 27 2012 02:48:22 PM
o and Kom, I got my account back thanks for caring bud :) No hacks used here, just on the "digital" side of the clan world. Also, if you were TO FUCKING retarded to read where carnage said MOCK UP. MOCK DESIGN. That is what the coding team is using to make it, how it will look...your a fucking idiot man. SIMPLISTIC FUCKING TERD.
Bestrafung - Posted on Friday, April 27 2012 03:04:30 PM
I'm one of the co-owners of The Hive Network / Hive Gaming. I won't go into too much details here as I will be posting in another thread but I needed to say a few things here. Had you not been so abusive to our community members and staff and been repeatedly banned you might have more information. Or maybe you do and you have a grudge, I don't know.

Yes, we used Fpath software briefly. It was a waste of money as it wasn't compatible with newer operating systems and nobody was familiar with the coding language to work on it. It was never meant to be a permanent solution and we stated as much since the beginning, it was only supposed to be in place until our new software was completed. Due to all of the issues we had with it we stopped using it completely.

Our new software is 100% custom and written in a combination of .NET and C# and maybe some other languages I'm not aware of at the moment.

All of L3gacy's comments regarding our company and subsequent projects has been straight forward and truthful. I know there's "bad blood" between you two but the constant slander and libel is seriously getting to be too much. Even if we were guilty of all you accuse us of, who cares? We would still be working on a chat client project ,regardless of the code origins, for the benefit of the community.

Anyone familiar with our company and community knows how easy going I am but this gets to be too much. For the longest time I tried to play devil's advocate and smooth things over when Scott caused issues. It eventually got to the point where I personally had to drop the ban hammer.

I won't presume to tell MplayerPro or any other projects that they should or shouldn't work with this guy. All I can say is that he's bad news to anyone associated with him and would be very cautious with doing so.
Bestrafung - Posted on Friday, April 27 2012 03:07:42 PM
Ok, there were some replies while I was typing my post. If cCaRnAGe-SF is not Scott then it's my mistake and I apologize. However, all of my comments regarding our company, project, and Scott still apply.
Doyce - Posted on Friday, April 27 2012 04:32:17 PM
"LMFAO... Hello Scott :) Let me ask you do you have any idea what type of code was used for Fpath? I bet you don't :) You just can't help your self can you? always need to run off at the mouth without any clue as to what you are talking about. Anyway let me just enlighten you.. Fpath was coded in Pascal. Yes we did Purchase Fpath only to find out it was to dated to do what we needed. So we started our own client in .Net SO now that we have that taken care of. I find it funny how you say all we did was re-skin our client when in fact that's what you guys did... LOL COME ON MAN.... You cut out things form GSA and PS it and said here is our client lol...

We are a company not a group of guys. This is a real project that just happens to be something we work on in our spare time. We have real resources and own real equipment located in real data centers w/ Dark Fiber @ 100Mbit / 1000Mbit using Level(3) & INTERNAP connections. The industry's best ISP's. :) I'm sorry I laugh at your client and your page...

From here on out -I will not reply to any more post you or any of your split personalities you have on here make... You must enjoy talking to your self. Your just a BIG waste of time :)but I wanted to set you straight. I also hear you got banned again form steam for hacking lol what this like your 3rd time?

To MplayerPro.. We love competition and we wish you all the best.. but you don't need this guy in your community trust me! Move on this guy is a joke.. In fact I will give you the old Fpath code we paid for to help you guys out you don.t need this guy. You do not want to go down this road with Scott. E-mail me with a mplyerpro.com e-mail and we can talk. "- Legacy/Kwon

Interesting. First off, Kwon, that is very much the real Carnage. You see, I just wanted to have a little fun before I advertised Dark Star, as I am Carnage. I was Mnenoch, recruited into SF by Incognito, and voted in by Incog, Raggy, Quaggy, Liquid, and Eclectic. I simply wanted to have some fun with you, as you have always been so easily riled up.

That said, brother, you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Do you understand what a "concept model" is? Let me educate you on this. When you are talking to a software engineer team, you breakdown a complete functionality list and interface, and then give them a design concept so they have a visual reference to build off of for the actual GUI. That is why Scott and I both made it CRYSTAL clear that the screenie was a concept model only.

Dark Star is very much a company, with investor resources, I can assure you. The reason you are doing it in your spare time is most likely because you can't afford to hire an engineer team. They cost a little bit of money, don't they? We were actually lucky, and found one willing to do it for just under $100k. Of course, we had bids closer to $500k to, so, since I know what I'm talking about, I fully understand why you are having to try to do it yourselves. This explains your multiple release announcements, and poor understanding of testing procedures. Pro tip: You don't have alpha and beta test at the same time.

I'm glad you rent/own some servers. I was unaware that alone validates a project? I find that "brag" strange, as our client server was bought, and is with the coders, as physical access is so vital for so many reasons. For all your talk, to anyone that actually understands this process, you don't come across as very smart.

I like how you go from bashing and insulting the MPlayerPro guys, to offering them code you yourself have said is no good and obsolete to try to steer them away from supporting our project. You never fail to amuse, Kwon.

I talk to Giovanni from E3 all the time, and he's never heard of The Hive, nor has ESA, nor has any of the game developer companies I talk to daily. Are you not planning on selling your product? Dark Star will have a 100 square foot booth at next year's E3. Maybe we'll see you there?

"I'm one of the co-owners of The Hive Network / Hive Gaming. I won't go into too much details here as I will be posting in another thread but I needed to say a few things here. Had you not been so abusive to our community members and staff and been repeatedly banned you might have more information. Or maybe you do and you have a grudge, I don't know.

Yes, we used Fpath software briefly. It was a waste of money as it wasn't compatible with newer operating systems and nobody was familiar with the coding language to work on it. It was never meant to be a permanent solution and we stated as much since the beginning, it was only supposed to be in place until our new software was completed. Due to all of the issues we had with it we stopped using it completely.

Our new software is 100% custom and written in a combination of .NET and C# and maybe some other languages I'm not aware of at the moment.

All of L3gacy's comments regarding our company and subsequent projects has been straight
Doyce - Posted on Friday, April 27 2012 04:45:17 PM
"I'm one of the co-owners of The Hive Network / Hive Gaming. I won't go into too much details here as I will be posting in another thread but I needed to say a few things here. Had you not been so abusive to our community members and staff and been repeatedly banned you might have more information. Or maybe you do and you have a grudge, I don't know.

All of L3gacy's comments regarding our company and subsequent projects has been straight forward and truthful. I know there's "bad blood" between you two but the constant slander and libel is seriously getting to be too much. Even if we were guilty of all you accuse us of, who cares? We would still be working on a chat client project ,regardless of the code origins, for the benefit of the community.

Anyone familiar with our company and community knows how easy going I am but this gets to be too much. For the longest time I tried to play devil's advocate and smooth things over when Scott caused issues. It eventually got to the point where I personally had to drop the ban hammer.

I won't presume to tell MplayerPro or any other projects that they should or shouldn't work with this guy. All I can say is that he's bad news to anyone associated with him and would be very cautious with doing so." - Bestrafung

Seems I exceeded the character limit....lol

Bestrafung, I'm confused. Kwon says you guys are doing it on your own, on your spare time, but you say you're not sure of what coding may be used. Have you outsourced this project? It doesn't make sense for someone who physically coding it to not be aware of what all is being done.

To my knowledge, you dropped the ban hammer after Scott posted screenies calling you guys out on the obvious use of fpath, even though at that time, you were saying you weren't. So, no, Legacy isn't always truthful, because he was using it at the time and calling it original code.

Why would you use a code that you yourself said was never meant to be permanent? Why waste the man hours and money on something you know won't won't work right, and you don't plan on keeping?

I am starting to think your client is simply a side project for you and some friends? I'll be very straight in that I've seen the hive work, and it is a simplistic P2P system that will not compete with the Dark Star client. I'm not insulting your work, mind you. I'm making sure you don't make a horrendous mistake, and sink all your money into this. As I told Kwon, I talk to people in the industry every day, and not one of them know who the hive is.

It doesn't really matter, and I wish you guys luck. But make no mistake. If you want to try to compete with Dark Star in the market, you're going to get owned nine ways to Sunday. ESA wants DS to join their firm, I've got many software developers wanting to discuss game and product hosting, and I am not some college kid working in my spare time. You will lose your ass.
L3gacy - Posted on Saturday, April 28 2012 01:26:13 AM
Why do they keep calling me Kwon?